Sliding Miter Saws come in all types, shapes, and colors. It is increasing in popularity for different purposes of wood cutting. The main reasons for its popularity are its style, reliability, and capability. However, it is your obligation to choose the one that will best suit your intended project.
This is a powerful tool, and for it to give you good results, it is necessary that proper use and maintenance is observed under all circumstances. You will probably need to keep referring to the manual from its manufacturer, but nevertheless there are tips you can still apply to ensure its proper usage.
Tips on how to make proper use of a Sliding Miter Saws
If you can afford it, a Sliding Miter Saw is the best for a majority of carpentry projects. Knowing how to use it properly would save you a lot in terms of repair and maintenance and here are the tips for accomplishing that:
- To begin with, it is important that you have a manufacturer’s manual for reference purposes. The guide will give you specifications of the machine and any other relevant operational information. It is from it that you will gain some understanding before you can begin using it. You could perhaps also run the machine through a piece of wood to ensure it is working properly.
- Never force the saw on wood. Allow the saw to cut as you guide to whatever direction you want it to take. The cramp will help in keeping the wood steady and assist you cut to any direction you want,
- Do not engage the tool in cutting any other material apart from wood and wood like material. Using it on anything else could cause guard damage. Also, ensure that your working surface is clear from unnecessary items that could interrupt you when you start working. The working surface should be clean and free of grease that may affect your work.
- Gaining stability of the machine when using it is of considerable significance. Ensure you have it screwed on a wooden table using nuts. You need to have a proper way of supporting your work piece especially if it is a lengthy one. The sliding miter saw is a great tool that can make your hand unstable if not properly guarded on the table. This is why a very good sliding miter saw is very vital for safety reasons.
- Any time the saw is started, it moves with speed. Do not be tempted to put your finger or hand on the blade path even if something sticks on it. Power off the saw first then you can remove the jam. There have been so many injuries that have resulted from this. So, it is important to stay clear of the blade when work is going on.
- Proper use of a sliding Miter Saw means that you are using the recommended blade, especially when cutting non-ferrous material. This will give it longer life and will also keep it safe.
By the way, it is very easy to get an injury from a Sliding Miter Saw. However, proper and critical usage is of importance for you to stay clear of injuries. All injuries can be prevented by observing simple precautions. Remember to clean and regularly take it for maintenance but only to a person who understand its operations.
An experienced professional may know how to properly maintain a sliding miter saw. But if you are still learning how to use it, it is obvious that you may not know how best to take care of it. In this case, the above guidelines will help you understand what it needed to keep the sliding miter saw in safe and properly working condition.
The other articles may you concern, as this is by:
- Best Sliding Miter Saw Reviews 2015
- Affordable Hitachi Sliding Miter Saw Reviews
- Cleaning and Maintenance of Sliding Miter Saws
- A comprehensive guide to choosing a sliding miter saw stand